You are here
Home > LATEST NEWS > Health service receives Finnish aid

Health service receives Finnish aid


Majority of the cumulative aid provided to Sri Lanka will be allocated for the health service, Minister of Social Affairs and Health of Finland, Mattila states.

Mattila stated this during the bilateral discussions between Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne and Matilla at the Ministry of Health.

It was revealed that 70 percent of the money provided from Finland to Sri Lanka would be in the form of a loan whereas the remaining 30 percent would be in the form of aid.

The Ministry of Health stated that Mattila had requested a proposal outlining the health-related development projects to be funded with the Finnish aid.

The introduction of the system of conducting DNA testing prior to treatment was discussed by the two parties, where it was stated that the government of Finland was willing to provide the necessary training for Sri Lankan doctors.

90 Total Views 1 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Top